• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Madrid luggage question

Bumpa

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Roncesvalles to Sahagun Oct 2016
Sahagun to SDC April 2017 Burgos to SDC April 2018
I am looking at flying in to Madrid next April/May and travelling on to start my Camino walk. I would likely be met by my wife at the end of the Camino and we will spend some further time in Europe. The question is: has anyone left luggage at the Madrid airport for the duration of their Camino? If so how easy were the logistics and was it prohibitively expensive. It might be nice to have some "tourist" clothes that I haven't walked in for 30 days or so

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Hi, Bumpa,
I think your best bet would be to send a box of clothes up to Ivar in Santiago and get them when you're done walking. Or send them up to your hotel/albergue if they will allow that.

There are consignas (luggage storage) in Barajas, and here's an idea of the prices: http://www.aeropuertomadrid-barajas.com/consignas-aeropuerto.htm
Since you'll be there more than two weeks, the price is 30 euros a week. (This particular link is for T4, but I can't imagine that the prices are different for different terminals).

Buen camino, Laurie

Thanks Laurie. The prices are basically what I found on the internet but it is the additional information one gets that makes this site so valuable. What does Ivar charge for a single bag? I imagine Ivar will read this and reply Thanks again for your prompt assistance.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We sent ours to Ivar also - very easy, less expensive than the airport - AND - you can pick up your stuff when you arrive in Santiago rather than having to go back to Madrid to get it.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum