• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Correos Luggage transfer

DianaEB

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese April 2022
Do you have to be in Spain to arrange to have your luggage transferred by Correos? I have tried to prearrange it online and am unable to do so as the country section is locked to Spain. Thank you for any information as I would like to arrange the luggage transfer before I leave Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Do you have to be in Spain to arrange to have your luggage transferred by Correos? I have tried to prearrange it online and am unable to do so as the country section is locked to Spain. Thank you for any information as I would like to arrange the luggage transfer before I leave Canada.
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. You can register and pay for your luggage transfer on the Camino before arriving in Spain. You can give them all your stages and accommodations in advance too, or you can notify them day by day as to where to pick up and drop off your bag.

I haven't done this myself, but a friend did last year.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Are you trying to start your Camino outside of Spain?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I paid in advance for the entire CF in ‘22 and ‘23. No issue. Not sure what you mean by “country locked to Spain.” Correos only operates in Spanish territory, so your pick-ups and drop-offs will always be “in Spain.” You can, however, purchase the service from anywhere. Can you put up a screen shot of the “country locked” issue?

I paid in advance for the entire CF in ‘22 and ‘23. No issue. Not sure what you mean by “country locked to Spain.” Correos only operates in Spanish territory, so your pick-ups and drop-offs will always be “in Spain.” You can, however, purchase the service from anywhere. Can you put up a screen shot of the “country locked” issue?

I am wondering if I should book this as it looks really "cheap" this far in advance. I still wish to carry my pack as much as possible, was it ok to book the transfere the night before and was there any issues with skipping stages? Thank you so much in advance!

EDIT: I am walking the Norte so not that many other options I think.

Last edited:
You can ship one night or all. If you think you will do some bag shipping, set up your profile in advance. Make sure you have some way to identify your bag for the driver. Normally they send you a "tag" and you have to find somewhere to print it and attach. Alternately, you can use paper and pen to copy what they send you as printers are so.ewhat scarce at albergues I had to fashion a tag out of duct tape and a ziplock bag. You need to call or notify Correos by a certain time the day before to let them know where to pick up and drop off.

They don't pick up everywhere as some albergues don't support bag shipping so check the drop down menu for the town on their website before picking a place to stay.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Contact The Correos through their website- excellent English - country of origin should not be a problem.

The price for the whole journey (paid in advance with as many stops as you need) is much cheaper than paying for each individual stage, especially if you walk shorter stages. I suppose you could just book the whole thing and then only use it as needed.

I'm not sure if you would need to notify them each day you don't require the service.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The price for the whole journey (paid in advance with as many stops as you need) is much cheaper than paying for each individual stage, especially if you walk shorter stages. I suppose you could just book the whole thing and then only use it as needed.

I'm not sure if you would need to notify them each day you don't require the service.
Yeah! The price for the Norte from Bilbao to Santiago was a little bit over 200 euros. Which is much cheaper than booking along the way. Will give it some more thought, but I feel that is a good solution.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. You can register and pay for your luggage transfer on the Camino before arriving in Spain. You can give them all your stages and accommodations in advance too, or you can notify them day by day as to where to pick up and drop off your bag.

I haven't done this myself, but a friend did last year.
I made all of my arrangements with Correos here in the U.S. prior to leaving. They are easy to work with, you can change your accommodation plans along the way as long as you let them know ahead of time. I also shipped items to myself to the main Correos office in Santiago, they will hold things for you.

Did you try “PAQ Mochila” on the Correos website ? Or just google “PAQ Mochila in Spain” . We have used Correos several times and found it easy to book and pay for every stage from Canada.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back