• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Refuge Orisson luggage transfer

Time of past OR future Camino
See signature.
For anyone using baggage transfer from SJPP and considering staying in Refuge Orisson, they state on their confirmation email that they are working exclusively with Transports de Bagages Harispe and will not accept luggage from other companies. This company also offers transfers from Biarritz airport on a shared taxi basis, similar to Express Bourricot.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I did find the site for VTC Harispe, but no mention of luggage transfer.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Corelacka, can you advise where exactly you saw the word “exclusive,”

we have a booking confirmed for refugee Orrison in May and intend to freight our baggage each day on the Camino. I have rechecked our confirmation and the Refuge website and they proved a link to their “ partner” transport company but they don’t mention it being exclusive or not accepting other luggage companies. Are you able to confirm where you saw this info originally so we don’t fall into this trap when the time comes. Is anyone else able to confirm Corelacka’s statement for me.

thanks jim

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Corelacka, can you advise where exactly you saw the word “exclusive,”

we have a booking confirmed for refugee Orrison in May and intend to freight our baggage each day on the Camino. I have rechecked our confirmation and the Refuge website and they proved a link to their “ partner” transport company but they don’t mention it being exclusive or not accepting other luggage companies. Are you able to confirm where you saw this info originally so we don’t fall into this trap when the time comes. Is anyone else able to confirm Corelacka’s statement for me.

thanks jim
This was at the end of the confirmation email I received on 4 January for a May reservation.

IMG_5783.jpeg

Thanks so much, our Confirmation dosent have that last bit about only accepting from their future partner. Thanks for the heads up, it’s not a problem we can book with them just good to know. Thanks looks like they have decided to alter their process recently, we booked early Dec.
cheers Jim

In My Confirmation 26/12/24

Attachments

• IMG_5530.jpeg
    IMG_5530.jpeg
    416.3 KB · Views: 29
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
2022 I had mine transported by Express Bouricott. I can't believe that Orisson would severe that relationship but who knows.
I am also intrigued by the wording - "FUTURE partner". Does that mean that this may NOT come to fruition come beginning of the season?
Oh well... reckon the hike from SJPdp to Roncesvalles will have to be "in full gear" from now on (else stay at Bourda)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Here is the link for the luggage transport company if you are staying at Refugio Orisson.
harispe.peio@gmail.com
I think the address changed but this one works and they do transport luggage as well as people. I hope this helps.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Orisson is already losing business to BORDA.
All it would take is another good option to open up between SJPP and Orisson and I think a lot of people would stop going there. They aren't particularly friendly already. I've heard a lot of complaints. And how in the heck are people who have already BOOKED transport supposed to know about their new deal? What will happen to a person's bag if it's delivered by a different company? Will they just leave it outside or ???
THAT's the Camino Spirit, Orisson?!

(PS: Posting for a friend)

Last edited:
April 2024 is less than 24 hours away and Orisson is holding on to their new luggage transport policy if the current information on their website is to be believed. It also answers the question: "What will happen to a person's bag if it's delivered by a different company?" 😶

Orisson transport policy 2024.jpg

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back