• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Madrid recommendations

keilnirby

My flight itinerary has been changed and I now get to spend 12 hours in Madrid!

Recommendations, anyone?

Any warnings (e.g., stay out of such and such an area, etc.) will be heeded as well.

Thanks,

--Neil

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just realized I will be getting into a Madrid on Monday when most attractions are closed. I'm afraid that limits me quite a bit.

--Neil

Take the subway from the airport to the Plaza del Sol stop and catch the double decker sightseeing bus. You get an all day ticket and can get on and off when/wherever you want. There are two routes. Take them both and then go back to the places you want to see in more detail.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum