• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Madrid to Merida Train/Bus?

D

Deleted member 397

Still planning my 2009 caminoes and thought that getting a train from Madrid to Merida would be easy but there appears to be only one late afternoon train. My proposed flight gets in to madrid in the morning so I would prefer to head to merida that morning. I tried google for buses but didn't have much luck-any ideas?....please.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Kevin, you need the Spanish blue line - Autores - http://www.avanzabus.com/web/ You can click on the Union Jack for English
A return ticket cost from 35 € to 44 €, depending on if the bus is direct or not. There are about 8-9 services along the day, some of them being night buses. The journey takes 4 hours.

Thanks Sil-I knew you'd come through (don't know why they call you silly!)

I just went to that web site-it's one I found under google but assumed they didn't go to Merida because when I put my date in -14/5/09 it came back nothing found.I just put in a date a week ahead and came up with results so I guess I will have to wait till nearer may. At least I know where to look now-thanks again!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum