• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Madrid To Santiago In 28 Days?

SitaClaire

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk the camino mid April to mid May 2017 from Madrid
I'm planning to pick up my credencial in Madrid on the 14th April and need to be back in Madrid by the 13th May. It's my first camino and my first time to Spain. Is it likely to be able to make the Camino de Madrid and the Camino Frances from Sahagun in 28 days? I'm a 31 year old woman in decent health and often walk eight hour days when traveling but have never done so for such a long period of time, or without rest days. Would it be advisable to start somewhere further along than Madrid? Thanks so much for any advice!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm planning to pick up my credencial in Madrid on the 14th April and need to be back in Madrid by the 13th May. It's my first camino and my first time to Spain. Is it likely to be able to make the Camino de Madrid and the Camino Frances from Sahagun in 28 days? I'm a 31 year old woman in decent health and often walk eight hour days when traveling but have never done so for such a long period of time, or without rest days. Would it be advisable to start somewhere further along than Madrid? Thanks so much for any advice!

SitaClaire:

I am a senior citizen and I walked this route last year in 24 days. I believe you can walk this route easily in 28. The toughest day is Cercedilla to Segovia (31 km's).

I would recommend you read through some of KinkyOne's, Mine and others post on this route.

It is a good walk with flats, mountains, woods and Meseta. If you speak Spanish it will even be more enjoyable. That said, this route is sparsely traveled. There will not be many other Pilgrims.

Ultreya,
Joe

The toughest day is Cercedilla to Segovia (31 km's).

Yes, the first 6-8 km are a bit though (but no more than some passages of Sanabres or even Frances. And the following descending to Segovia is the most beautiful stage! Worth any struggle before :)

You should do it with no problem. I love CdM for its solitary, really contemplative character. Though be prepared not to find m(any) bar/shops on the way. If you've done other caminos it may deceive you.

Buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.