• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Mailing/shipping items to another country

heatherrnw

Time of past OR future Camino
Past: April 2012; Future: June/July 2017
I have a question about mailing a large item to another country from Santiago. I have planned a holiday in a few other countries after my Camino and was thinking to mail a large item from Santiago to Paris, where I would end and fly home from.
I would have 2 weeks from the time I leave Santiago and arrive in Paris. I also would need to pack the large item in some cardboard. Does anyone know if it is possible to do all of this and have it arrive within the 2 weeks?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Heather,
The post office in Santiago has boxes that you can purchase and pack your item into, and if you mail it to a "poste restante" in Paris they'll hold it for you for 2 weeks (possibly longer). Or - if you know where you're staying in Paris you can contact your hotel and see if they'll accept a package for you.

But it shouldn't be a problem to ship from Santiago to another country, especially if it's in the EU. Hope that helps!
Faith

We just shipped our backpacks from Santiago to Oxford UK with Mailboxes etc. Takes a week, cost about 100€ for two big packs.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum