• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Memories

bernhugo

Just thought that these photos might revive a few memories.001w.jpg 002w.jpg

Attachments

• 003w.jpg
    003w.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 60
  • 012w.jpg
    012w.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 56
  • 005w.jpg
    005w.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 006w.jpg
    006w.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 007w.jpg
    007w.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 008w.jpg
    008w.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 009w.jpg
    009w.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 010w.jpg
    010w.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 55
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I was in Santiago for 2 days in 2011 on a coach tour of the north of Spain.

I decided to return the following year to the city . I made a point in researching photos of Santiago on the net.

I saw this scene (which I called Ancient and Modern) included on a photographic tour of the city and decided to try and find it. I had 4 days in Santiago and for 2 of them I was accompanied by a Spanish lady.

The photo looked like a bus station, We started by asking a bus driver if there were any other bus stations nearby and I tried to explain what the place looked like helped by my friendly interpreter.

We got his bus from the area of Rua de Senra to the bus station.

There didn't seem to be much response then suddenly he told us to get back on his bus No 5, (at the bus station) We continued in the same direction away from the cathedral for a few minutes and he stopped at the top of quite a steep hill going down to the left..

He told us to follow the road down and it was on the left at the bottom. It was a coach park in a industrial area,not a bus station.

As you can see the old city buildings were just behind the screens

Does anyone know the address of this place please?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I like this photo from Santiago. Anyone recognise the place?

It is (or looks like) the area down and behind the Parador and San Martin. You would walk down Calle San Franciso from the Cathedral plaza and turn right at the end by Iglesia San Francisco.
As Falcon posted, it is by the University and I think it fronts a library of some kind.
There is huge amount of underground parking there. There are often many tour buses dropping off tour groups there who then walk up toward the Cathedral area.
That was from memory so could be off a bit.

Thanks to Falcon and Grayland for their replies.
I don't think that it is at the google map ref given. There was no modern buildings like that. The actual glass screens covered a shorter distance.
To the left as I looked towards the old city there were 2 or 3 very steep streets coming down to meet the road on which this car park roof was situated.
I think that you are on the right road, but could it be a bit further up this road away from the city?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Apart from the steep streets coming down to the metal and glass structure from the left as I looked at the old city, I now remember that there was a steep drop down to the right.
Certainly no modern buildings apart from the one photographed.

StgoGigantes.png

You probably have seen the "Gigantes" if you have been in Santiago around July 25th. Notice that the first from the left is clearly a pilgrim; and the one in the middle has a little vieira on his "esclavina" or short cape.
The clothes seem inspired from the fashion of XVI century courtly dress. There could be some argument or story about these gigantes, but I don't know.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Re the query about the location of the coach park above, I have just remembered that this gateway into the old part of the city came just after passing the old buildings in the photo. I have posted this now, the name on the wall is Praza de Mazapelos.

Attachments

• 228w.jpg
    228w.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 13
Is that church in background San Francisco? I did not have time to check that before posting.
Unless there are two parking facilities with the same roof area...I still think Falcon and myself have it right.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I like this photo from Santiago. Anyone recognise the place?
It's behind San Martin Pinario. I believe that is where buses arrive, and where you can also pick up your backpack if you had it sent ahead by transport for the last stretch.

Thanks folks for your help. I am still mystified about those modern buildings. If you look at my original photo, you will see that to the right,the roof stops with a drop to the road below. No buildings that side and old streets the other side.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
4 photos from Burgos for you.

Attachments

• 013w.jpg
    013w.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 014w.jpg
    014w.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 015w.jpg
    015w.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 016w.jpg
    016w.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 4
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back