• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Mirepoix- SJPP

yossi shabo

Time of past OR future Camino
I am planning to walk the camino from france to spain. i am trying to figure out where to start in france, might be paris/ bordeux.
hello,

im planning my first camino, which will be in a month.
im planning to take the piemont route from mirepoix to sjpdp and then to santiago, i will have around 7 weeks to do that.
i was wondering, since i havent found one in the forums, if there is a guide for that route (gr 78). and also, im planning to sleep along the road with a tent in order to keep it in budget. has anyone tryied to do that?

if anyone has some recommendations, i would love to hear

thanks ahead,
yossi

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In all my time walking 3 1/2 Caminos I have only ever seen a tent twice, once on the Primitivo and once somewhere between Logrono and Burgos on the French route. I seem to think it is quite heavy taking a tent and the albergues can be very cheap. Ablutions may be a problem if you are camping. You have to decide and weigh up the options. Best wishes

This is a beautiful route. If you read French, there is a Lepere guide called "Sur le Chemin de Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle (La Voie des Piemonts, entre Cevennes et Pyenees) published in 2013. There are quite a few reasonably priced places to stay if you decide against camping. would be glad to answer any questions you have.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
great. thanks for the help.