• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mont St Michel Way to Tours

WiltshireSaint

Time of past OR future Camino
Completed Reading to Winchester, August 2023
Having completed most of the St James Way from Reading to Southampton (and all being well the final stage from Winchester to Southampton will be done next month) I'm now looking at continuing my pilgrimage through France.

I've been looking at the Mont St Michel Way through Britany to Tours and wondered if anyone on the forums has done this walk? Finding information about the 'official' route has been difficult but I'd like to undertake it late Spring next year. Can anyone help with information or website/reading recommendations?

Many thanks!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've walked and cycled from Pointe St Mathieu, but not Mt St Michel. However, the local associations have done a lot of work waymarking and finding accommodation between Dieppe and Tours which would cover a lot of your route, and there is work in progress on the route you want to walk. If you PM me I'll give you a link to my Dropbox and you will find quite a lot of information on the local associations in there, as well as Gpx files for part of the route. Too many links to post here!

I've walked and cycled from Pointe St Mathieu, but not Mt St Michel. However, the local associations have done a lot of work waymarking and finding accommodation between Dieppe and Tours which would cover a lot of your route, and there is work in progress on the route you want to walk. If you PM me I'll give you a link to my Dropbox and you will find quite a lot of information on the local associations in there, as well as Gpx files for part of the route. Too many links to post here!
Thanks Barbara, I'll PM you!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Walked from Caen to MSM - way marked, but poorly supported for a pilgrim on foot. Lovely route through a very historic countryside.

This website is hosted by a group dedicated to MSM pilgrims. It’s a wealth of information and they even carry credentials.

lots of info on the pilgrimage routes of Mont St Michel but make sure you stay in the French version as if you switch to English some sections like HĂ©bergement ie accommodation that Vacajoe

I would think your planned route reversing the Tours to MtStM will be difficult to find information as apart from one or two of the marked Miquelot routes many of them are not used much. It would involve alot of research yourself - there is an hebergementlist on https://www.lescheminsdumontsaintmichel.com/spip/spip.php?article28&lang=fr

And this gives some info on the the reverse compostelle route that apparently exists and the local compostelle groups who would definitely be worth contacting. I have no clue on the state of markings going either direction on this route - markings on the routes to MtStM did vary from okay on the Cherbourg route to the well marked one from Clisson.

It would be of course much less work to follow either the Voie des Capitales or the Voie des Plantegenets which get a steady trickle of pilgrims from Mont St Michel but if you have time to research would love to hear a trip report!

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I forgot to say, if you need a translation to English that Google can't cope with, I can probably help.

Most read last week in this forum

In about a week’s time I’ll be starting my fifth Camino from Le Puy en Velay, however, I’m interested to know if anyone in this forum has started their Camino from Paris ….. to Saint Jean Pied de...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.