• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My first Camino (2017)

Madis

Time of past OR future Camino
Via de la Plata, Mar/Apr 2024
It took me years to get myself together and build this 10 minute slideshow of my favorite images from the first Camino I had.

I hope others also enjoy this and it will bring back memories.

Hopefully my Youtube channel will soon see also the other adventures:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you for the wonderful memories! A lovely depiction of the Frances. I, too, did the Camino in 2017(Sept-Oct) and hold those memories close to my heart.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The francés in less than 10 minutes, congratulations good for the Guiness Book of Records !!!
A wonderful reminder of a beautiful experience, that's the less one can say, muchas gracias.
When comes the "Via de la Plata" video now ??? We are looking for it in happy expectation !!!

Last edited:
Thank you for compiling and posting this wonderful slide show. I too was on the Camino Frances in September 2017. Lovely to see the familiar sights. Buen Camino!

Thanks for all the positive feedback. It means a lot.

I want to do my video about Camino Portuguese (2019) an even better one. I am thinking of showcasing daily distances so people can locate better in their mind of where the places are + one thought I had from that day.

VdlP I will start next month, so it will take a while until I have video ready about that one.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
It took me years to get myself together and build this 10 minute slideshow of my favorite images from the first Camino I had.

I hope others also enjoy this and it will bring back memories.

Hopefully my Youtube channel will soon see also the other adventures:
Beautiful ! Brought back some great memories for me. Many thanks for sharing 👍

That was a thoughtful & thorough covering that I really appreciate! My older son & I were there end of April through May 2017, having previously done it in 2014 same time of year. Still today I relive it nearly daily, because something jogs my memory about a fellow hiker or a certain town, bridge or food. I am a bit sad to say that my Pilgrim Passport stamps are fading & a couple I can barely make out so I have to check the map to see exactly where it was compared to the cellos that are still readable & then there I go down the rabbit trail looking through all the things I saved from my journey. And what a journey! Thank you for taking me on it yet again today! Beautiful pictures of the varying times of day & night. What everything! Buon Camino on the rest of your life journey. Really looking forward to seeing the Portuguese Camino through your eyes. We tried it, but got burned out on all the narrow road walking & pollution. We started in Lisbon which since,then I have heard it is best to begin in Porto. Loved Porto! From there we took train & bus up to the Francés & started in Léon & finished. Thanks again!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
That was a thoughtful & thorough covering that I really appreciate! My older son & I were there end of April through May 2017, having previously done it in 2014 same time of year. Still today I relive it nearly daily, because something jogs my memory about a fellow hiker or a certain town, bridge or food. I am a bit sad to say that my Pilgrim Passport stamps are fading & a couple I can barely make out so I have to check the map to see exactly where it was compared to the cellos that are still readable & then there I go down the rabbit trail looking through all the things I saved from my journey. And what a journey! Thank you for taking me on it yet again today! Beautiful pictures of the varying times of day & night. What everything! Buon Camino on the rest of your life journey. Really looking forward to seeing the Portuguese Camino through your eyes. We tried it, but got burned out on all the narrow road walking & pollution. We started in Lisbon which since,then I have heard it is best to begin in Porto. Loved Porto! From there we took train & bus up to the Francés & started in Léon & finished. Thanks again!
I just finished putting together a video my Camino adventures in Portugal from 2019:

Congratulations MadisV, you did it again with a brand new video !!!
A wonderful souvenir from a heroic fight against fysical inconveniences.
With a lot of magnificent pictures as traveling companions, thx for sharing.
Up to the Vía de la Plata now, we can't wait discovering your travel impressions.

I just finished putting together a video my Camino adventures in Portugal from 2019:
Once again a beautiful journey! I really like your narration, because that’s what is really happening. I think my favorite leg of this Camino is once you entered Spain & namely the very end to Fisterre. I really can’t take so much hard unforgiving surface. This tells me I made the right decision to take off for Spain after Porto, though there are some beautiful scenes & architecture after Porto. I would need to see the rest some other way. So where to next? I hope you keep posting on the forum. Thanks so much for all your sharing!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Once again a beautiful journey! I really like your narration, because that’s what is really happening. I think my favorite leg of this Camino is once you entered Spain & namely the very end to Fisterre. I really can’t take so much hard unforgiving surface. This tells me I made the right decision to take off for Spain after Porto, though there are some beautiful scenes & architecture after Porto. I would need to see the rest some other way. So where to next? I hope you keep posting on the forum. Thanks so much for all your sharing!
I have my 2022 Frances video with texts details in the works. 2023 Norte also. For both of them I also did a lot of short video clips that were temporarily on Instagram.

I might use my favorite nature scenes from each day for a standalone video. Not sure yet. First will complete doing all Caminos in slideshow style.

About the very next Camino. That will be already this March. I want to try Via de la Plata from Seville. For next year I am not set yet, but I have ideas.

I have my 2022 Frances video with texts details in the works. 2023 Norte also. For both of them I also did a lot of short video clips that were temporarily on Instagram.

I might use my favorite nature scenes from each day for a standalone video. Not sure yet. First will complete doing all Caminos in slideshow style.

About the very next Camino. That will be already this March. I want to try Via de la Plata from Seville. For next year I am not set yet, but I have ideas.
Very nice! Thanks for the notice! Can’t wait to see more. I am very interested in Norte. From what I can tell according to guidebook, overnight stays may be a room in a person’s home, not necessarily albergue choices & possibly more miles in between, & trail winds around inlets. After looking Norte over, I wandered to YouTube to check out Camino de los Faros that appears a bit iffy in that the trail in places may be impassable after a rain, muddy, slippery & not the best marked. Still, it would be a nice way to Muxia & Fisterre, definitely less traveled. I do love meeting people from everywhere on the Francés. And I really love fresh fish, though I don’t get a lot of energy out of it.
I will be looking for your next videos. You do good work on them. I know it takes a lot to choose & edit. All scenes spark memories & are favorites.
Thanks,
Elaine

I just published the video of my 2022 year Camino Frances.

This one I was really happy with since shoes and physiotherapy had helped me a lot. It should be better than the first video, since here are also distances + comments from daily blog entries:

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I just published the video of my 2022 year Camino Frances.

This one I was really happy with since shoes and physiotherapy had helped me a lot. It should be better than the first video, since here are also distances + comments from daily blog entries:
Wonderful pictures of high quality, that give a good impression of the camino francés.
Indeed even better than the first one, a caress fot the eye of any camino lover and hiker !

Very nice! Thanks for the notice! Can’t wait to see more. I am very interested in Norte. From what I can tell according to guidebook, overnight stays may be a room in a person’s home, not necessarily albergue choices & possibly more miles in between, & trail winds around inlets. After looking Norte over, I wandered to YouTube to check out Camino de los Faros that appears a bit iffy in that the trail in places may be impassable after a rain, muddy, slippery & not the best marked. Still, it would be a nice way to Muxia & Fisterre, definitely less traveled. I do love meeting people from everywhere on the Francés. And I really love fresh fish, though I don’t get a lot of energy out of it.
I will be looking for your next videos. You do good work on them. I know it takes a lot to choose & edit. All scenes spark memories & are favorites.
Thanks,
Elaine
I got my Norte video ready just in time! Next week already starting VdlP from Seville.

Here is Norte - a lot of asphalt, hills and beautiful views:

Most read last week in this forum

Crazy! That is what we were told by others when we decided to walk 500+ miles with two of our children across the top of Spain. We got a little nervous in the weeks leading up to the flight that...
I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.