• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Nearest airport

CUFC74

If Pamplona is nearest airport to Roncesvalles/ SJPdeP, any information on how to get to them from the airport - taxi, bus, minibus?? - and an approximate cost?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The nearest airport to St Jean is Biarritz.

Biarritz to St Jean (and/or Roncesvalles): http://www.sncf.com - Train from Biarritz (and Bayonne) to St. Jean Pied de Port ± 1hr50 mins. The last train leaves Bayonne at 18:13 and gets in StJPdeP at 19:35.
Or, you can take the #6 bus from the Biarritz airport to the Bayonne train station. It leaves about every 30 minutes and takes about 45 minutes. Complete bus schedule here:
Express Burricot taxi to Roncesvalles. 06-61-96-04-76 or book ahead: Email: apcaroline@hotmail.com
Biarritz to Pamplona: Train to Irun and then to Pamplona:

The nearest airport to Roncesvalles is Pamplona - about 50kms away.
18h00 bus cost about 4 euro and takes about 1 hour.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Having done the bus route before and waited an hour for it to arrive, I'd surely say a taxi is the way forward! Bayonne's actually quite nice so it'll give you some time to wander about a bit. (please note: nice fluffy cake shop in Bayonne)

I would welcome what the cost of the Express Burricot taxi would be from Biarritz to St Jean??

I am arriving into Biarritz on Sunday 11th April at 15.05 and don't want to wait around for hours for the later train to St Jean.

Cheers
Jacqui

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum