• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

For Sale/Wanted NEEDED: Altus Poncho -

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Mine is packed up in one of about 50 boxes.
Does anyone have one for sale?
I'd prefer an older one, but will consider any poncho in good condition.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Mine is packed up in one of about 50 boxes.
Does anyone have one for sale?

I have a size medium, purchased this year off Amazon. Very disappointed in it, as no pockets and ponding of sweat at the elbows. (Relates to height at which walking poles are held.) I'm thinking of ditching it for a Decathlon poncho when I get to Ourense in a few days; although the Decathlon poncho is a bit short in the arm department. The problem is that the Altus poncho is made of ripstop nylon and it doesn't breathe. If I use it as a cape, it's okay. I pull the sleeves inside out to stop them flapping in the wind.
Frankly, the overall quality is poor - even the velcro is second rate. Its redeeming feature is that it keeps my pack dry.

PM me if you want to buy it.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Annie...I have two. One small and one large. We haven’t used them for years..nor have I looked at them for many years. First used in 2009....does that count as old.
Do you want to sell one? :::doing a happy dance:::

Annie...I have two. One small and one large. We haven’t used them for years..nor have I looked at them for many years. First used in 2009....does that count as old.

And yes, I'd love the 2009 one . Is it the large maybe??????

Annie....both are from 2009. I will have to dig them out and insure that they are still in good shape. I recall that one of the storage bags was missing and that one of them had a tape repaired tear (from fence) somewhere on bottom.

UPDATE: I did find them. The size "Talla L/XL" is the one that has a tape repaired tear on the bottom back. It is not apparent from the outside as the tape is inside. Not a big area and does not affect the coverage as I recall.

Added: Annie...I sent you a PM

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

I sent you one back. PM me with price. I'm interested in the large one.

Hi there,
I'm looking for some ALTUS ponchos again this year for my group.
Anybody have one or two for sale?
Annie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum