• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New 8 km fragment of Camino: Coina to Barreiro (near Lisbon)

Capitao_Goma

Time of past OR future Camino
Caminho Português (2002)
Caminho Português do Interior: Coina-Barreiro (2014)
Dear pilgrims of Saint James Way

I'm writing you because i have information about how Saint James Way it's growing up in Portugal. Last March, a project was presented to the municipality of Barreiro (near Lisbon). The idea was to recover a new fragment of Saint James Way, which conected the south of Portugal to the capital, crossing the river Tagus. It's about 8 km, beggining in the small of Coina and ending at Barreiro. In the small town of Coina, there's a Decathlon store, which is already known as a place to fix some bycicle problems.
At this moment, there aren't so many pilgrims as there are in north or any other parts of the country, neither any signs or yellow arrows. The municipality offered this flyers which i attached (it's in portuguese, but you can have an idea of what we are doing here).
I hope this information can be useful to you.

Attachments

• postal_03_frente.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Good luck, hope you connect it to Palmela in the south.

Besides not being official part of Camino, some bycicle-pilgrims are crossing on this way, from Setúbal towards Lisbon. I hope it can be useful.

Attachments

• Caminho_Santiago_Setubal_Barreiro.png
    724.5 KB · Views: 11
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum