• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New pilgrim

cbullock

Hello everyone. Connie here. I' be leaving Los Angeles and arriving in St. Jean on June 2nd. Had some schedul conflicts, so I had to rebook my flight. Therefore I'm going from LA to Frankfurt Germany toParis de Gaule, France. From France I'm taking a train to Bayonne, then I'll have to get a train from Bayonne to St. Jean.

Anyone know if there is more than one train station in Bayonne, or will I be able to catch a train at the Bayonne station I arrive at coming in from France?

Also, I will be arriving in St Jean 10PM or after and all of the pilgrim refuges will probally be closed. Can anyone suggest a hotel or motel to stay at for that one night?

Have anyone taken this route?

One more thing, how difficult is it to get to the airport when my walk ends in Santiago?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Connie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
As I read the train schedule, the late train to SJPdP from Bayonne does not run on Saturday. The last train leaves Bayonne (the same station you will arrive in from Paris) at 18:13 and arrives in SJPdP at 19:35. You might be better staying in Bayonne.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Welcome, "Angelina" Connie. There's a lot of info on the forum's web page that u may benefit from. Check it out. Sounds like u'll be flying for hours on end-where/when r u planning on getting over ur jet lag blues? There r pilgrim albergues in SJPDP where u can stay, public/private. We've been hearing pretty good things about the first and I've had excellent experiences with the second. There r also many hotels (motels? :lol: ) u can stay at. The airport in Santiago is kinda far from the city, u can take a taxi or bus to it, should be no prob. Buen Camino, peregrina, xm 8)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome, Connie, to this wonderful forum. As you can see, this is a very helpful group!

Safe travels and Buen Camino!

Steve S

Most read last week in this forum