• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim's office at SJPDP information - Christmas 2023 to New Years 2024

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Exceptionally, the Pilgrims Office at 39 rue de la Citadelle in Saint Jean Pied de Port will be closed from the morning of Monday 25/12/2023 to the morning of Monday 08/01/2024 at 9am.
Thank you everyone at the Pilgrim Office, especially the lovely lady who, after printing off my certificate to mark completion of del Norte, came around the counter to give me the best hug of all time! This, and marking our journey's end with a multi national church service, rounded off our Camino. Christmas joy and peace to everyone at the Office. Thank you.

I start from SJPP on 3 January. Given Pilgrim Office closed, I think I can get a Credential from Roncesvalles when I arrive there. Not having the SJPP stamp won't affect things.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I start from SJPP on 3 January. Given Pilgrim Office closed, I think I can get a Credential from Roncesvalles when I arrive there. Not having the SJPP stamp won't affect things.
Just go into one of the local businesses on the same street where the pilgrim office is located and this will give you a stamp. Worked for me. Have a wonderful Camino!

Exceptionally, the Pilgrims Office at 39 rue de la Citadelle in Saint Jean Pied de Port will be closed from the morning of Monday 25/12/2023 to the morning of Monday 08/01/2024 at 9am.
Is it possible for me to courier with DHL my hiking poles to your office, so that I can pick them up, upon arrival, so that I don't need to check any luggage for my flight?

Hello, how's Montse, Esther, Luis (magician), Santi, and the other permanent/regular associates at the Pilgrims Office? I worked there as a volunteer last summer, and I miss their company and the other volunteers. Volunteering at the Pilgrims Office was the highlight of my Caminos. It was an immensely rewarding privilege. On my next Camino, I will definitely volunteer there again. Saludos, feliz navidad, y prospero ano nuevo a todos! Hasta la proxima vez!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you everyone at the Pilgrim Office, especially the lovely lady who, after printing off my certificate to mark completion of del Norte, came around the counter to give me the best hug of all time! This, and marking our journey's end with a multi national church service, rounded off our Camino. Christmas joy and peace to everyone at the Office. Thank you.

Hello, how's Montse, Esther, Luis (magician), Santi, and the other permanent/regular associates at the Pilgrims Office? I worked there as a volunteer last summer, and I miss their company and the other volunteers. Volunteering at the Pilgrims Office was the highlight of my Caminos. It was an immensely rewarding privilege. On my next Camino, I will definitely volunteer there again. Saludos, feliz navidad, y prospero ano nuevo a todos! Hasta la proxima vez!

There appears to be some confusion:
@Monasp manages the Pilgrims Office in SJPDP, not the Pilgrims Office in Santiago. The information in the first post refers to the former.

There appears to be some confusion:
@Monasp manages the Pilgrims Office in SJPDP, not the Pilgrims Office in Santiago. The information in the first post refers to the former.
I am terribly sorry. Somehow I missed the SJPDP part and confused SJPDP with SDC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Garry,
The office will be closed, but you can get a stamp at the municipal hostel, which remains open to receive pilgrims.
As for the credencial, you can get it at the Roncesvalles hostel.
I remind you that the Napoleon road is closed, so you'll have to go through Valcarlos, which is the lower road.
I wish you a Merry Christmas

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The office will be closed, but you can get a stamp at the municipal hostel, which remains open to receive pilgrims.
As for the credencial, you can get it at the Roncesvalles hostel.
I remind you that the Napoleon road is closed, so you'll have to go through Valcarlos, which is the lower road.
I wish you a Merry Christmas

I did wonder what alternative provisions might be in place for intending pilgrims.. that's good to know, thanks! Joyeux Noël!

Merry christmas to the team and looking forward for the next year.
Buen Camino

Is it possible for me to courier with DHL my hiking poles to your office, so that I can pick them up, upon arrival, so that I don't need to check any luggage for my flight?
As far as I know, the Pilgrim Office in SJPdP does not offer this kind of service. I would check with the hotel or hostel where you plan to stay if they will accept a package. Or you can purchase poles at the pilgrim store in St Jean.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You might be better sending them to your planned accommodation or buying a pair in St Jean.

So did I last august. It was a wonderful experience: wonderful people arriving and wonderful colleagues
I hope Montse will use me again next august
Merry Christmas to all of you
🌲🌲

Thank you for providing the information. It's also a good idea to post it on social media. I think more pilgrims can see it if you post it on the bulletin board of the pilgrim office site or https://www.compostelle.fr/forums/. Thank you.

Last edited:
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back