• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Non Profits To Donate To

GuamKim

Time of past OR future Camino
Started 04/2023, 09/2023 continuing
Fellow Pilgrims,

I am seeking information on organizations or ways to identify an organization to make a donation to at the end of my Camino. I’d like to take the proceeds from the sale of a piece of jewelry and donate to a non profit helping abused women and children trying to leave their circumstances. Any ideas or leads would be so welcomed.

Thank you and Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am looking for Spain for this particular purpose. And an organization of this sort as I work through my own healing and journey on my Camino❤️

This one is located in Pais Vasco.
Unfortunately enough other regions also have their organisations.

These people might be able to give you more info.

All the best!

I am looking for Spain for this particular purpose. And an organization of this sort as I work through my own healing and journey on my Camino❤️

BTW welcome on this forum . I notice this was your first post. Hope you will find some useful information here.
Most of us are helpful and friendy people :).

Dear Peregrina GuamKim,
I commend you on your wish to donate to worthy causes at the end of your Camino.

I do not know if there is a charity that fits your bill in Santiago de Compostela. Unfortunately, there most likely is. I'll leave it for others on this forum to point you in the correct direction.

Personally for me, when I walk any camino, I usually set a daily budget for food and accommodation. When I reach Santiago de Compostela, I donate the surplus to a food charity, Cocina Economica. They are situated in a side lane near the Mercado Abastos de Santiago. They have a collection box at their gate and can receive cash donations 24/7. Have a read of their ethos on their webpage and see if what they do align with your own.

The second place that I would also donate to is Pilgrim House on Rua Nova. It is an oasis in the hustle and bustle of Santiago de Compostela that provides you with space and quietness to reflect on the inner journey that you had undertaken concurrently with the physical one you had walked to reach Santiago. The place is run by Nate and Faith, a pair of missionaries from the US; their actions speak louder than words. Together with their team of volunteers, they provide a listening ear and much much more. All this they do without any mention of charge. I encourage strongly you visit them when you are in Santiago.

I hope that you begin to find what your seek on the Camino and strength for the onward journey and ongoing process of healing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Fellow Pilgrims,

I am seeking information on organizations or ways to identify an organization to make a donation to at the end of my Camino. I’d like to take the proceeds from the sale of a piece of jewelry and donate to a non profit helping abused women and children trying to leave their circumstances. Any ideas or leads would be so welcomed.

I suggest you send a PM (private conversation) to SYates. She is a long time Camino angel who lives in Santiago, and has several links to non-profits that do EXACTLY what you envision.

Sybille has been helping the poor in the disadvantaged part of the San Pedro neighborhood of Santiago for several years now. She got many families through the COVID pandemic when government services were thin on the ground.

More recently, Sybille has stepped in to assist abused mothers and their children escape abusive environments. No matter how I look at i, Sybille is doing the Lord's work.

I have been supporting Sybille's efforts for some years now. I use PayPal to transfer money directly to her. This way there is no administration in the middle, and all funds go directly to benefit those in need. But, she can also hook you up with NGOs and/or non-profits.

Tell her Don Tomás sent you.

Hope this helps.

Tom

This Forum is of tremendous service to the Caminos. I have donated and encourage others, you'll have to inquire if your donation is for tax purposes. Pilgrim House is another wonderful service where we have volunteered.

Fellow Pilgrims,

Hi, I have actually selected three non-profits for which I will walk the Camino. I have people pledging pennies per mile/km. I will share my compestella as proof afterward. The three charities are: Spokane Women's Hockey, St. Gertrude's Monastery in Cottonwood, Idaho and the American Cancer Society's Hospitality Program. I have established a youtube channel with shorts explaining my preparation. I am The Whimsical Byzantine. Good luck!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Good thought. My wife and I also have something similar in mind to do when we walk the Primitivo next Spring. We are in touch with an organization in Spain that focuses upon helping trafficked women and their children. I've met three of the people - a husband and wife, and also the sister of someone I know from church - who are involved in this ministry.

Due to the sensitive nature of what they do, it might be better, if you'd like to know more, to PM me here, and I can send you links, contacts.

Buen camino.

Hi, I'm currently volunteering with an organisation called Camino Companions. We provide a welcome service for English speaking pilgrims arriving in Santiago. We have a room upstairs from where pilgrims can come to chat with other pilgrims, share their experiences, 'de-brief' and have refreshments. This is funded by the FCJ sisters, who provide the volunteers with accommodation and food. They're a non profit organisation.
There's also Pilgrims House in Santiago, which provides a similar service.

To answer the original question first: https://www.apothecasantiago.com/voces-mujeres is a small NGO here in Santiago that does exactly what you are looking for. You can contact them in English as one of the founders is an American that lives here.
More recently, Sybille has stepped in to assist abused mothers and their children escape abusive environments.

That is not correct, the woman and child I know of have escaped on their own and I certainly have neither the training nor the knowledge to do such difficult work.

SY

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I stand corrected. But Sybille is still a Camino angel - and does the Lord's Work daily.

Thanks, Sybille for the correction. The misstatement was mine entirely.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back