• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

O Cebreiro Eucharistic Miracle

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Curious date for a event that is said to have occurred in the depths of a snowy winter, eh?
I've seen masses of snow on the O Cebreiro webcam at the end of April. Weather is pretty unpredictable. And if God can change bread and wine into physical flesh and blood He/She could probably manage a little local weather anomaly....

Curious date for an event that is said to have occurred in the depths of a snowy winter, eh?
On that basis, best not try to figure out why the nailed-on Christian festival dates coincide with many of their pagan precursors.

Maybe the original date clashed with a packed calendar of other local wintry miracles?

I have taken part in mass as the only attendee at O’Ceb. The priest worked around my (at that time) dodgy Spanish and found a multi-lingual missal. When I told him I was not Catholic, he just shrugged and we carried on. A great memory.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Curious date for a event that is said to have occurred in the depths of a snowy winter, eh?
I think Bradypus is correct that the people want to celebrate the event and not reenact it. The linked website talks about people from across the region walking to O Cebreiro for the celebration, something that isn't necessarily advisable in mid-winter. There are no claims in the linked article that the celebration is on the same day of the year as the original miracle.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have to assume you had as much company on the Camino as I experienced back then. (Spoiler alert: Pretty close to zero)

I was quite surprised - there were probably 15 - 20 pilgrims in the albergue the night I stayed. Similar number in a few of the albergues like Puente la Reina, Astorga and Rabanal. Winter walking seems to be growing in popularity.

PS: There were 50 arrivals today at the Santiago pilgrim office

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum