• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

October 2013 Camino

Marilee McGrath

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2013
Hi. I am starting the Camino from St. Jean Pied de Port on October 9th. Not entirely sure what I am doing....or why I am doing it, but excited! I am from Colorado, 46 years old. I would welcome any advice/help. Thank you!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Marilee, Welcome:)
Congratulations on choosing to walk the Camino.....also walking my first Camino in Sept/Oct! You will find all the help and advice you need here. I'm not really sure why I am doing the Camino either.....and I'm letting go of the idea of 'why'. All I know is that its happening real soon and I am both nervous and excited as departure day approaches.

Buen Camino
Aidan

Thanks for your message, Aidan! I appreciate your comments on "why"...glad someone can relate. Hope you have a wonderful time on your camino! Buen Camino to you too, Marilee

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi. I am starting the Camino from St. Jean Pied de Port on October 9th. Not entirely sure what I am doing....or why I am doing it, but excited! I am from Colorado, 46 years old. I would welcome any advice/help. Thank you!

Welcome Marilee,

I'm also planning to arrive in early Oct. It seems there are quite a few of us unsure as to how things might unfold. But herein lies the beauty... I'm only hoping that I'll be open enough to be in the moment during my journey.

Bon Camino

Welcome Marilee,

I'm also planning to arrive in early Oct. It seems there are quite a few of us unsure as to how things might unfold. But herein lies the beauty... I'm only hoping that I'll be open enough to be in the moment during my journey.

Bon Camino
Welcome Marilee,

Bon Camino
Thanks for your message...it is encouraging! Makes me a little braver....Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
hi marilee i am starting the camino in 9/17/13 just bought my airline tickets

today after planing for a year . i hope to meet other people arriving that day. buen camino and safe trip

Hi Marilee, my name is Rhonda and I'm from Australia. I am starting in St Jean on either the 2nd or 3rd of Oct. I'm excited and nervous (because I'm going it alone) and not totally sure why I'm doing it either.... I hope I meet you on the trail!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Marilee, my name is Rhonda and I'm from Australia. I am starting in St Jean on either the 2nd or 3rd of Oct. I'm excited and nervous (because I'm going it alone) and not totally sure why I'm doing it either.... I hope I meet you on the trail!
Hope we do meet up at some point....good luck!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Rhonda,

I'm from Melbourne & will be leaving around the 6th October. Hope I'm fit enough to catch up & share. I'm glad to see many leaving around the same date. The more souls we encounter the more chance we grow.

Bon Camino!

Is there any company or individuals who would transfer backpack from SJPdP to Roncesvalles to lighten one's load over the mountains on the very first day ??

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi mrsmac, I arrive in St. Jean on the 2nd of Oct. and plan to set out the next day. I'm going it alone as well for my 40th birthday and am slightly nervous about it. Would love to be in touch with other women traveling alone! Best, amanda

I'll arrive in SJPdP late tomorrow Mon 2nd and if I can arrange all the admin etc I will start Tues 3rd, if not then I start Wed 4th .. I've arranged to get half my luggage ( 5k approx) carried over the Pyranees on the first day only.. I'm a retired Irish engineer in my early 60's in no particular rush, it's not a race... I only have a one-way plane ticket and will complete my Camino whenever. .. I am anxiously looking forward to the challenge and expect to meet some very interesting people over the next 5 or 6 weeks..look for a bearded Irishman !!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the Camino and Im flying into Biaritz on October 5.
At this stage the plan is the Tunnel route and join you in Burgos at some stage. Hope to meet you on the road.
I'm 40 from the Gold Coast Australia and excited for this opportunity.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back