• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

(Or options) Pamplona --> St-Jean, May 26, 2022

JJinWI

Time of past OR future Camino
2018 French Way
2022 French Way
Greetings All,

I'm starting my Camino next week (YIKES!!!) and need a little help/advice.

I'm flying into Barcelona and will take a 3.5hr train ride to Pamplona... so far so good.

Now I have to get from Pamplona to Saint-Jean.

It appears the EuroLines bus is not running anymore.

So, I have a couple of questions:
  1. What are my options?
  2. When I did my first Camino (2018) I flew into Biarritz and found a couple of van/transportation services to get to Saint-Jean. Are there any such services in Pamplona?
  3. Does anyone want to share a taxi ride??? I will be in Pamplona on MAY 26 ~1:30pm
  4. I guess I could hike to Saint-Jean and start my Camino.... NOT
  5. ????
Thanks for your help!!!!

Cheers,

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There is a bus, but look like it leaves at noon? Look on the Alsa bus website. (Also called Conda busline.)

There is a bus, but look like it leaves at noon? Look on the Alsa bus website. (Also called Conda busline.)
THANKS...

Yes, the only problem is it leaves @ noon and I arrive (on the earliest train) at 1:30

I guess I will have to spend a night in Pamplona.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Might be good to get a night's rest,in Pamplona then go to St. Jean, if you can get a reservation at Borda or Orrison, you could probably start walking from St. Jean in the late afternoon after a quick trip to the Pilgrim Office.

Might be good to get a night's rest,in Pamplona then go to St. Jean, if you can get a reservation at Borda or Orrison, you could probably start walking from St. Jean in the late afternoon after a quick trip to the Pilgrim Office.
An interesting idea... THANKS!!!!!

Check out this Pamplona taxi share:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I think this is a great suggestion. I'm 'stealing it' to use when I start my walk in late July. It will be a productive use of the afternoon after arrival at St Jean, and will help break up what would otherwise be a brutal first day. It makes perfect sense, thank you!

Most read last week in this forum