This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Oviedo albergue -- new location since June 2015

peregrina2000

Staff member
I've been looking around the websites to see what's new on the Primitivo since I last walked, dreaming of my upcoming walk in June.

I see that the Oviedo albergue has changed locations once again. This will be the third albergue since I first walked in 2009. Has anyone stayed in this new location? The Eroski site sings its praises.

Here's a map showing its new location:

http://www.caminosantiagoastur.com/

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I don't know about this one. When I walked last May the old albergue was under renovations, with new bathrooms being installed. But I do know where is a new albergue at number 8 on Covadonga street and people raved about it.

It only opens at 17:00? a little late or would that be standard. I booked an hostel for 20 euros near the cathedral.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I don't know about this one. When I walked last May the old albergue was under renovations, with new bathrooms being installed. But I do know where is a new albergue at number 8 on Covadonga street and people raved about it.

So anemone, were you in the single family home that had been turned into an albergue? (That was where the albergue had moved years ago). It sounds like they may have moved pilgrims over to the new place before all the facilities were ready.

So anemone, were you in the single family home that had been turned into an albergue? (That was where the albergue had moved years ago). It sounds like they may have moved pilgrims over to the new place before all the facilities were ready.
I did not stay in an albergue in Oviedo but at Hostal something or other you recommended. I heard from fellow walkers about the place in Covadonga and the other albergue's renos.

Could you tell me the name of this one you stayed ? I´m looking for one near the cathedral and if there is a special suggestion it would be so great......

Eloisa

Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
Could you tell me the name of this one you stayed ? I´m looking for one near the cathedral and if there is a special suggestion it would be so great......

Eloisa

Hi, Eloisa,
If you're looking for an albergue, there is only one in Oviedo that I know of, and it's the one run by the local camino association. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the Cathedral. If you are looking for a private place to stay near the cathedral, there are lots of options. Hotel Ovetense, Hostal ARcos, Hotel Vetusta, to name a few. I would check for prices on booking.com if you are going to make a reservation.

Hi Eloisa, I stayed in the Hostal La Peregrina (€7). It is not far from the cathedral - in the same street as Hotel Vetusta.

Most read last week in this forum