Oviedo albergue -- new location since June 2015

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
I've been looking around the websites to see what's new on the Primitivo since I last walked, dreaming of my upcoming walk in June.

I see that the Oviedo albergue has changed locations once again. This will be the third albergue since I first walked in 2009. Has anyone stayed in this new location? The Eroski site sings its praises.

Here's a map showing its new location:

http://www.caminosantiagoastur.com/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A

Anemone del Camino

I don't know about this one. When I walked last May the old albergue was under renovations, with new bathrooms being installed. But I do know where is a new albergue at number 8 on Covadonga street and people raved about it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
I don't know about this one. When I walked last May the old albergue was under renovations, with new bathrooms being installed. But I do know where is a new albergue at number 8 on Covadonga street and people raved about it.

So anemone, were you in the single family home that had been turned into an albergue? (That was where the albergue had moved years ago). It sounds like they may have moved pilgrims over to the new place before all the facilities were ready.

A

Anemone del Camino

So anemone, were you in the single family home that had been turned into an albergue? (That was where the albergue had moved years ago). It sounds like they may have moved pilgrims over to the new place before all the facilities were ready.
I did not stay in an albergue in Oviedo but at Hostal something or other you recommended. I heard from fellow walkers about the place in Covadonga and the other albergue's renos.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
Could you tell me the name of this one you stayed ? I´m looking for one near the cathedral and if there is a special suggestion it would be so great......

Eloisa

Hi, Eloisa,
If you're looking for an albergue, there is only one in Oviedo that I know of, and it's the one run by the local camino association. It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the Cathedral. If you are looking for a private place to stay near the cathedral, there are lots of options. Hotel Ovetense, Hostal ARcos, Hotel Vetusta, to name a few. I would check for prices on booking.com if you are going to make a reservation.

petro

Feb 26, 2008
South Africa
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2008 April/May) (2011 May/June) (2014 May/June), Camino Primitivo (May 2016)
Hi Eloisa, I stayed in the Hostal La Peregrina (€7). It is not far from the cathedral - in the same street as Hotel Vetusta.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am having trouble finding any information regarding the stages on the Verde. Is there a current thread, please? Where would I cross over to the Verde from the Primitivo and is there...
Hi Erika - this is Andrina. We met on the way. I found your pilgrim passport. Let me know how I can return it to you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides