• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Packing now, short camino, no rain predicted wwyd

S

sjf

I leave this weekend for a short 100Km walk from Lugo or Sarria into Santiago. The current 10-day weather forecast shows sunshine and no rain until after I'm done.

So.. Do I leave the poncho at home? or take it anyway? We're talking half a pound here... WWYD?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That’s a light insurance policy!

Reactions: sjf
I would never go on any multi-day walk without rain gear. Weather reports aren't always accurate. I find a rain jacket more useful, because it can be used as a wind shell. A poncho isn't quite as convenient, but if you don't take it and it rains, you could be very uncomfortable.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The best way to make sure it doesn't rain is to carry it with you.

Yup, that's how it is in Galicia!

If you have a light rain jacket, @sjf , I'd take that and leave the poncho at home. (Like a Marmot Precip - super light.)
And I *would* bring a fleece - the overnight lows are a bit too cold for my taste, and the albergues won't have heat on yet. But of course you know yourself, and what you can tolerate, the best! Enjoy it all and Buen Camino!

Actually, I just looked up the weight of a Marmot Precip - 13 ounces. If your poncho is only 8 ounces, that's a better choice

Get yourself a $5, light weight poncho. They weigh almost nothing, and although rain might not be predicted, I suspect that at this time of year, you can have a heavy fog that feels like a misty rain. We experienced this from O'C to our next stop.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

I am planning on this walk in February how was it

Most read last week in this forum