• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pajares Parador cafeteria reopens!

peregrina2000

Staff member
I haven't had much time for the forum these days but just had to share this link (from either Javier or Rebekah, thanks to whomever!)

http://www.elcomercio.es/asturias/cuencas/parador-pajares-reabre-20171221001438-ntvo.html

According to the article, a hotelier from Menorca bought the whole building for 900,000 + €. He estimates it will take another 600,000 to refurbish the hotel (that seems awfullynlow to me since it's been closed for more than a decade) but for now the cafeteria is open. Hope it doesn't squeeze out the guys across the street, who rebuilt after a fire I believe.

Maybe he will also offer guided luxury Salvador walks. Or maybe he will help make a better path on the left side of the road in front of his new hotel.

Happy holidays to all. Buen camino, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Great news! When the hotel re-opens it will be a nice alternative to staying in Pajares itself.

We drove up to Puerto de Pajares from Santa Cristina and Terry took this photo on May (2017).
The parador looked in good condition - not as though it had been closed for so long.
The views from its windows must be amazing, they were from the adjacent field.

Attachments

• parador pajares.JPG
    592.6 KB · Views: 56
  • pdepajaro.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 46
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.