• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pamplona to SJPDD

pardiff

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2013
Hi, I'm looking for advice on the best way to get from Pamplona to SJPDD. I'll be arriving in Pamplona at about 17:30 on Saturday 8th June. I've noticed that there's a taxi service available but I don't fancy paying the €90 charge.

Any help would be great....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Pardiff, if you are setting out on the France's why not just start from Pamplona? I appreciate that for many SJdP is the start of the France's but this is more to do with the available published guides and modern practice than the tradition of the Camino. The Camino starts where you start your journey on foot along the path that thousands have followed.

Unless you walk it I suspect that a journey from Pamplona to SJdP will be far more complex, or relatively expensive, than the rest of your entire trip. That said, to walk "back" to St Jean before you begin your "real" Camino might be a gift you would wish to offer up.

Pardiff,

There is one daily Conda bus from Pamplona to SJPdP which runs until mid November. It departs from the Pamplona bus station at 14:00 and arrives SJPdP 15:45; the fare is 15 euros.

See >> http://www.conda.es/en-index.php.

Unfortunately these times do NOT seem to fit your schedule unless you overnight in Pamplona and go the next day.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
ive also decided not to backtrack to sjpdp because of cost and time... it's just too complex .... and of course, there is that issue of the mountain .... heh

Most read last week in this forum