• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Parada de Francos Casa Rural - Teo

• Thread starter Former member 100027
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Former member 100027

Be careful of this accomodation.

I made a booking back in April for 1st October for one night. I pre-paid €107 in advance as required and paid by Paypal. However, due to a change of plan (and camino) I emailed the property on 6th July to cancel my booking and to request a refund. The booking confirmation clearly states that cancellation without charge is only possible if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date. No response. I chased again by email. No reply.

As I had paid by Paypal I raised a dispute. Again no response. I escalated the claim a couple of days ago and again no response. Paypal requires a seller response by 24th July. I decided to be proactive and rang the property. After explaining who I was and why I was calling and asking when I was going to be refunded, the man hung up. I tried to call back in case the line had accidentally been interrupted (ever the optimist) but it went unanswered. I can now reasonably conclude that the property is deliberately refusing to refund me.

€107 is not a trifling sum and I was requesting cancellation within the terms and conditions of the booking.
I hope Paypal will take action of their own and proceed to refund me after the 24th July.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum