• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Paris CdG to Paris Gare Austerlitz

Cashpat

Time of past OR future Camino
(2013)
Hi, I arrive in Paris Charles de Gaulle airport at 20.50 PM on a Sunday evening in June of this year. I would like to connect with the overnight train from Paris Gare Austerlitz direct to Bayonne at 21.54 on the same evening. This is a preferred option given it cancels the need for an overnight stay in Paris or the two-stop journey from Paris later in the evening. With arrival at Bayonne expected around 08.00am on 3rd of June then this bodes well for an early arrival in SJPP and a start to my Camino.

Can someone advise whether or not this is a realistic plan given potential for dely to flight time, waiting for the rucksack at the airport conveyor belt and such things as the metro connection times between airport and Austerlitz?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
No, it's not realistic. It might take you most of an hour just to exit the airport and find your way onto the RER or bus/taxi- then you have travel time into Paris and finding your way onto the right platform at Gare Austerlitz. Do your already tired body a favour and have a sleep before you go on your next form of transport.
Margaret

Thanks Margaret for taking the trouble to reply, and the advice is clear: to think again.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum