• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I'm looking for accommodations around CDG airport, Paris

Umi

Time of past OR future Camino
2024, May
Hello, I'm planning to pilgrimage Frances maybe on May, 2024.
I will be arriving at Charles de Gaulle International Airport late at night and would like to stay as close to the airport as possible that night. (This will be my first time in France and I don't really know how to get around).
Do you know of any cheap and relaxing places to stay around CDG? Cheap and Closest from airport is the most important thing for me, but it would be nice to be able to relax after a long flight. I would also like to know the cheapest transportation from the airport.
I'm thankful for any tips and responds! thank you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Perhaps you should read this site:
What do you mean by "late at night" ? If you plan to take a train to SJPP the day after, perhaps you should look for accomodation inside Paris ?
Thanks for the url of the site to refer to.
I meant that I will arrive in Paris around 9 p.m. I plan to spend a few days in Biarritz before heading to SJPP, so the day after I arrive I will be heading to Biarritz from Gare Montparnasse. If I stay inside Paris, Is there any low priced accommodations recommend?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I'm sorry, I don't have any specific recommendations.

The booking.com"" app or website is probably going to give you your best range of options. Use the "sort by" and "filters" options to narrow your searches to something low priced and close to the airport. And then be really careful to check where it actually is on a map and how to get there because sometimes the hotels are farther away than you would expect.

If something is reviewed as an a "eight" or above it's almost always pretty decent.

As @Payafec points out above, if cheap is high on your list, you might have to go into town. It'll be relatively easy because there's great public transportation in Paris.

I definitely understand how after a long flight one doesn't want to deal with the learning curve of a strange transportation system. But you may just have to resign yourself to more work and stress than you would like.
You can stay in Paris up in Montmartre: Saint Ephrem for €35... You usually get fed and all you need is Credentials

I will be arriving at Charles de Gaulle International Airport late at night and would like to stay as close to the airport as possible that night. (This will be my first time in France and I don't really know how to get around).
Do you know of any cheap and relaxing places to stay around CDG? Cheap and Closest from airport is the most important thing for me, but it would be nice to be able to relax after a long flight. I would also like to know the cheapest transportation from the airport.
Go to Booking.com, and use filters for price range, distance from airport reviews etc etc
Always been useful for me
Have a great Camino! 👍

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi @Umi

Arriving (i.e. landing) at 9pm means you may not be ready to leave the airport until at least 10pm.

As to whether to stay at or near the airport, or make your way into Paris, I think that depends on the departure time of your train from Montparnasse to Biarritz. If it's early the next morning, then it would make sense to be close to Montparnasse. But, if it's later, there's less of a rush and will be much more relaxing to stay at the airport and make your way into Montparnasse in daylight.

Opinions vary on the transport options - train, bus or taxi. For a first time visitor, I think the Airport bus is a great option. See the link below which shows where you can get it, and the hours and frequency.

It drops off at Paris Opera, which is about 5 kms from Montparnasse. A good warm up walk for a pilgrim, after a long flight.

Cheap accommodation is rather more difficult. There are hotels at the airport and nearby (some with free shuttle buses). As @Stephan the Painter says, be sure to look at where they are on the map. If not inside the main airport area, check that there is shuttle service and that it will still be running, say, after 10pm.

I find with travelling, sometimes spending a little extra in certain circumstances can be well worth it. In the scheme of things, staying at an airport hotel may cost you a few more euros - but if it seems the best solution for you, given your arrival time, consider that extra in the context of your whole trip, and it may well be worthwhile.

All the best with your plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Booking.com gives you an idea, then look for the hotels details and contact them directly.
You'll regularly get better pricing

If I stay inside Paris, Is there any low priced accommodations recommend?

St. Christopher's Inn!?, (a backpacker hotel) It's close to Gare du Nord train station, walking distance to the Sacred Heart Cathedral, etc.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I usually stay at the Ibis hotel, its very convenient.

I stayed at Enjoy Hostel on Rue des Plantes - 10 mins walk to GdM
Take RER B from CdG get off at Denfert Rocheraux and walk about 13 mins

If you still want to stay at CDG Holiday Inn worked for my wife and I (non Camino related).
Next morning do the above-mentioned RER B get off same stop but now walk straight to GdM maybe 15-20 mins

Good luck and Buen Camino

St. Christopher's Inn!?, (a backpacker hotel) It's close to Gare du Nord train station, walking distance to the Sacred Heart Cathedral, etc.
It's not at all bad but a bit expensive for what it is. They have another, St Christopher's Canal, which is still easy to get to and a lot quieter.
It's a bit cheaper, too. Book direct online, don't use a booking service.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I’ve stayed at the ibis CDG Paris Hotel. It’s not the cheapest but great for a late night arrival and they have a fantastic buffet breakfast served really early. Just take the airport tram to the hotel. Ask the hotel staff how to get to the train station in the morning and how long it will take to get to Gare Montparnasse. As you can see it’s a bit of a haul from CDG to the train station.

IMG_4030.jpeg IMG_4032.jpeg
But not too bad getting to the train station the night you come in. See above. Also you can go to Rome2Rio to find nearby accommodations. Or Booking.com or Hostel World. 😁
IMG_4033.jpeg
I hope this helps. I remember how paralyzing it can feel trying to figure out the metro lines in Paris. You’ve got plenty of time to figure it out. Buen Camino 😎

I have never come via Paris, but I can't imagine trying to find a reasonably priced accommodation there. If you have time, it might be best to at least go to the next city of your journey.
I'm not sure of your origin country but from the US, I always fly into Madrid, take a train from the train station to Pamplona, then a bus or shared taxi to SJPp or Roncesvalle (some prefer a night in Pamplona). Then hike the next day just to Orisson (some to Borda).

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@hikentravel1234
I guess to some extend it pivots on what exactly is " reasonably priced accommodation" is to a given person. To some of my friends that may be $500.00/night with no problems at all, while I traveling solo have no problems with a bed in communal dorm for €15.00
Maybe its preferential by location. You like Madrid and I can tell you that personally I'd go to Paris over Madrid any given day....
... as in fly to Paris (from US), spend a night, take a train to SJPdP (only 4 hours) and no taxis or buses... then hike the next day to wherever one's heart desires.

Just as another side observation - I paid less for my hostel in Paris than I paid for Beilari in SJPdP, Orisson and Roncesvalles (Borda wont come "cheap" either)

My apologies if this comes a bit 'curt'.

@hikentravel1234
I guess to some extend it pivots on what exactly is " reasonably priced accommodation" is to a given person. To some of my friends that may be $500.00/night with no problems at all, while I traveling solo have no problems with a bed in communal dorm for €15.00
Maybe its preferential by location. You like Madrid and I can tell you that personally I'd go to Paris over Madrid any given day....
... as in fly to Paris (from US), spend a night, take a train to SJPdP (only 4 hours) and no taxis or buses... then hike the next day to wherever one's heart desires.

Just as another side observation - I paid less for my hostel in Paris than I paid for Beilari in SJPdP, Orisson and Roncesvalles (Borda wont come "cheap" either)

My apologies if this comes a bit 'curt'.
I agree about going to Paris rather than Madrid, I've been to both. I found and stayed at a cheap hostel in 2019. 3 Ducks Boutique Hostel Bar. I took the train from CDG to the Eiffel Tower then walked to the hostel. The next morning I walked to the metro that took me to Gare Montparnasse.

There is so much to see in Paris, all within a short metro or walking distance. Viva La France!! 😁

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back