• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Perth to Paris?

JStrat

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2024
Hi, female travelling solo from Perth, Western Australia to Paris and then to SJPP to commence CF in September 2024. I'm walking to celebrate my 70th birthday and hope to meet other people along the way. What do other pilgrims who live in Perth recommend as the best route to start CF? Is Perth to Paris the best option?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, female travelling solo from Perth, Western Australia to Paris and then to SJPP to commence CF in September 2024. I'm walking to celebrate my 70th birthday and hope to meet other people along the way. What do other pilgrims who live in Perth recommend as the best route to start CF? Is Perth to Paris the best option?
I am from Perth and hope to return to finish the VdlP camino this year with my husband who will also be celebrating his 70th.
We walked the CF ( our first ) in 2017 and flew Paris with a connecting flight to Biarritz and then made our way to St Jean Pied de Port.
I’m currently looking at flights and will probably fly to Madrid which may be a better option for you.
Unfortunately there is no quick and easy way for us to get to Spain but once there all the travel time is forgotten.
I hope you have a wonderful Camino experience .

Just remember the Olympic and Paralympic games are in Paris in 2024

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Singapore Airlines to Barcelona maybe good option then train to Pamplona and decide where to start if not there. Easy to SJPdP or Roncesvalles.
Buen Camino

I have flown Perth to Barcelona many times in readiness for my Camino, arriving about 2pm. Bought my Spanish SIM card at airport before taking train into Sans central city Barcelona.
I stayed at hotel Expo just near Sans train station. Next day after a lovely overnight sleep took Sans train to Pamplona. You can buy this ticket online.
I got a shared taxi from Pamplona to St Jean pied de Port booked through Tele Taxi Sanfermin +34 948 35 13 35 or book online.
Other choice is to take the Alsa bus. They go everyday at 11am but hopefully their new summer schedule will include a late afternoon bus. Train arrives in Pamplona about 1:30pm. Book this early as the direct train gets booked out. I hope this helps.

I have flown Perth to Barcelona many times in readiness for my Camino, arriving about 2pm. Bought my Spanish SIM card at airport before taking train into Sans central city Barcelona.
I stayed at hotel Expo just near Sans train station. Next day after a lovely overnight sleep took Sans train to Pamplona. You can buy this ticket online.
I got a shared taxi from Pamplona to St Jean pied de Port booked through Tele Taxi Sanfermin +34 948 35 13 35 or book online.
Other choice is to take the Alsa bus. They go everyday at 11am but hopefully their new summer schedule will include a late afternoon bus. Train arrives in Pamplona about 1:30pm. Book this early as the direct train gets booked out. I hope this helps.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A stopover in Paris is always wonderful, but another good option is to fly into Madrid, then take train to Pamplona. Easy to decide from Pamplona where to start your CF. Buen Camino. 🚶‍♂️

Last edited:
You can get to most cities from Perth, including direct flight from Perth to Paris with Qantas starting this year. As you know, Emirates or Qatar connect to most cities. I travelled to Barcelona and took the train to Pamplona and then transport to Saint Jean Pied de Port. Have you connected with the Western Australian Camino group who meet once a month (connect via Facebook)? You’ll love the Camino. I am over 70 and still plan to do more Caminos. Buen Camino

Just remember the Olympic and Paralympic games are in Paris in 2024
True but the OP is travelling in September and Olympics finish on August 11. While the Paralympics continue into September (finishing on the 8th), they are unlikely to have much impact on travel in general unless you are flying out of Paris on the 9th.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
OMG - Perth to Paris! Sounds deadly. Don't have any advice for you but I'm glad to know if you can travel alll that way before you even start, I shouldn't be afraid of my Seattle to Porto flight. Good luck and safe travels!!

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back