• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Paris to Roncevalles?

Corina

I am planning to travel from Paris to Roncevalles on Monday 2nd May. I've checked the timetables and the bus for Roncevalles from Pamplona leaves five minutes after the train pulls in. Would I be better to spend that night in Pamplona and travel back to Pamplona the following day. I would like to stay at Casa Paderborn as my mother was from there. Do I need a credential first or can I get one there?
Corina.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I did not find anything between Roncesvalles and Pamplona that would warrant extreme effort by me to get to Roncesvalles. I suggest that you do what is most stress-free for you. If you will regret not starting at Roncesvalles, by all means get there. Otherwise, I think Paderborn will welcome you there. Jesus y Maria will turn away pilgrims who did not walk or bike into Pamplona if they expect to be full.

Sort of off topic but, I have a distant cousin who lives in Paderborn. His name is Hefenbrock and we have visited there, beautiful town. Also one of the German pilgrims I met said that there is a cofraternity in Paderborn and his credentials were from there.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Roncenvalles to Pamplona is 42km. Unless you walk quickly you will need to lay over one night between the two.

If you are a Christian the evening Mass at Roncevalles is well worth attending.

Some people take a taxi from Pamlona to Roncesvalled. Try using the forum to see if there is anyone you could share one with.

The people at Paderborn are very nice. It's a wonderful albergue and easy to get to from the bus or train station.

You may be able to get a credential from them, not sure. But you can call them, tell them your situation, and ask?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum