• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Parking near Porto

cete46

Time of past OR future Camino
Can anyone suggest an accommodation near Porto (our chosen start point) where we can leave our car for 3 weeks?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Can anyone suggest an accommodation near Porto (our chosen start point) where we can leave our car for 3 weeks?
Simply drive to one of the suburbs. Very few flats have designated parking. Most parking is free, safe and without time restrictions. Park and catch the metro.

Our friend (who is Portuguese) has just done that in Lisbon for 8 weeks with her BMW. She didn't even think it was strange or that she should even be worried.

If your friend is Portuguese then she probably has a Portuguese number plate. Ours, on the other hand is French, so I was hoping to find somewhere to stay the night & leave it near the accommodation in the same way that we did with Eduoardo at Boadilla del Camino when we re-visited the Frances in 2007.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
French number plates shouldn't be a problem. With so many French people living in Portugal, French number plates are not unusual. I do realise that it is difficult to trust. Until I moved here, I also found that difficult.

Why not the airport? It has a tram stop that can get you to Porto or on your way to the Coastal Route.

Most read last week in this forum