• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Perhaps a bit too ambitious....

Praorn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino frances (2001, 2002, 2003, 2009. 2011)
Via de la Plata (2018) Camino Portugues (Tui 2018)
I am planning to walk again starting February 25, 2019. I will start in Uclés and walk to Madrid. Then Camino de Madrid to Leon. From Leon, Camino del Salvador to Oviedo to get on to Camino del Primitivo to Santiago.
Anybody has done something similar?
Last year I walked VdlP around March, I had a lot of rain and cold. This year I don’t expect any better weather but will be very prepared for the cold and wet and snowy weather.
Any suggestions? Thank you.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The San Salvador, could be tricky at that time of year, as it is across some pretty high mountains

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

I hadn’t heard of a camino from Uclés, but found this, at least in reverse! Is that what you’re planning to walk? Would love to hear how it goes for you, as someone who is always interested in walking new caminos!
https://santiagoways.com/en/the-ucles-way/

Praorn:

There is a very good likelihood you will encounter snow on the Cercedilla to Segovia section.

In regards to the San Salvador, here are some pictures from my walk in the first week in April.

Attachments

• 340.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • 354.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
  • 360.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • 351.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The San Salvador WILL be tricky at that time of the year. When I did it in May/June that pass still had patches of snow. The terrain is also fairly remote, so take all of the necessary precautions.
Thank you very much. I will check all info when I get to Leon before I start walking. I am very flexible and if the weather is really bad I will choose other Camino. Thank you very much.

Praorn:

There is a very good likelihood you will encounter snow on the Cercedilla to Segovia section.

In regards to the San Salvador, here are some pictures from my walk in the first week in April.
As much as I love the snow, it is a lot of snow! Thank you very much for the nice pictures.

Yes, i am planning to walk from Uclés to Madrid instead of the usual Madrid to Uclés. I ran into a Facebook page on Camino de Uclés. So I asked about it. A gentleman named Manuel Rossi kindly answered and explained everything. It seems very interesting. I will let you know how it goes!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Manuel Rossi is a force of nature! I think he has the Camino Uccles tattooed on his chest!
I too caution you about trying the San Salvador in mid-winter. The mountain part of the route is very remote, and not to be trifled-with.
Thank you very much. I will take that into consideration. If I see that I cannot do then I will choose other Camino to walk. Thank you!

Bumping this old thread for the benefit of anyone (else) who might be toying with walking in the shoulder season. I was curious about the San Salvador in early April, and your photos tell the necessary story, @jpflavin1. .
And your vital reminder, Reb:
The mountain part of the route is very remote, and not to be trifled-with
Gracias.
Nope. Not for me. Not then, anyway.
Some fine summer, maybe.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I started out on the Camino del Salvador on June 1st, 2019. The weather was great for the most part, though I had some rain on the last day.

I just walked it again a few weeks ago and it was challenging enough without the snow. That said, I am getting older.