• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pete and Christine, Kansas City to Camino and Return!

PMSLAW

Retired Lawyer
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2013), Portuguese (2018 & 2022)
I am a 60 year old “recovering lawyer” here in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. My wife of 35 years, Christine, and I will be arriving in Barcelona on April 9th, spend two days there and then train/taxi to St. Jean PdP. We plan on two nights there and begin the real journey on the morning of April 13th. We return to Barcelona on May 28th, departing for KC on May 31st. We plan 35-40 walking days, with some extra time “in the bank” for an extra day here and there.We have 10 grandchildren between the ages of 6 and 2, and we are giving the 3 families each a map of the Camino. We plan on “Skype-ing” often and telling them where we are so that they can reposition the marker on the map. There is a strong spiritual component in this for me, but sharing this with our children and grandchildren is the best conduit I know for sharing it with God.
I might add that in 2010 I bicycled 5000 miles across the United States, northwest Washington State to Key West Florida (via New Orleans). I am every bit as excited to walk the Camino as I was for that bicycle "adventure". Pete

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Pete and Christine. I'll be a few days behind you. Hope to start in Roncevalles Apr 17. I'm visiting K.C. In July. Hope we can meet up on the Camino or later when I'm in you city. Negro Leagues and Jazz museums on the agenda, and, of course, Christopher Elbow!

Good morning. My wife Sandy & I start in Roncesvalles on the 17th also. Our route isGreen Bay, WI to Chicago to Madrid, then bus to Pamplona dn bus or txi to Rncesvalles. We'll be at the Pilgrim's mass and starting into "dow tintos" in the bar after that. Hope to meet you there.

Larry

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Karin (zilla.kzilla), and Larry & Sandy (DeMaster)! It sounds like we will be quite close on the Camino. Christine and I plan to depart SJPdP on the 13th. I imagine we will pass through a day or two before you, but we plan on not pushing ourselves too hard (It is the JOURNEY, and not the destination!) Karin, it would be wonderful to see you in Kansas City and share the memories yet to be made. Larry, Christine and I have roots in Wisconsin as we kept a sailboat in Sturgeon Bay for a number of years and sailed northern Green Bay, the UP and Door County.
Keep and eye out for a 61 year old with snow white hair and a small gold hoop earring. Christine has amazing salt and pepper hair, "down to there" in length, and thick enough to weave a tugboat hawser. Buen Camino!!

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back