• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Picture of Bench?

RobertS26

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, (2013)
Camino Frances, (2014)
Camino Frances, (2015)
Between the monumento peregrino on the Alto del Perdon and Uterga is a solitary tree along the path. Beneath that lonely tree is a humble bench. Does anybody have a picture of that bench? I have tried to describe this scene to several people and I regret not having a picture of it to show them. Thanks.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi there,

This is the only photo I have.

It was taken in May (2013) last year.

Beneath those resting Peregrinos is the bench !!

Rgds
Peter

Attachments

• DSCF1357.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 152
I remember that bench and the tree! Twas a very welcome, however brief, respite from the heat of the day.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It looks so beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. I look forward to many beautiful moments such as this one.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
There will be serene moments like a little bench, in the middle of nowhere, beneath a solitary tree that will bring you to tears as your heart almost bursts with joy as you experience the Camino.

And that's exactly the reason I'm going. Trying not too have expectations but i admit i am hoping to have some profound moments of joy along the way.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum