Piecemeal camino question

easonm

Nov 5, 2023
California
Time of past OR future Camino
December 2023
I may have an opportunity to do five days on the Camino in October. What would be the best place to start if I want to end in Sarria? In December, we did from Sarria to Santiago. So I thought it would be cool to do the portion before that. What would be a good starting point to end in Sarria after five days? for reference, in December we did Sarria to Santiago in 6 days. Gracias!

Reactions: jcat
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

jcat

Dec 9, 2015
California
2016-2023
If you had 6 days I would say Astorga, because I loved it there!

The Gronze website shows starting in Foncebadon will get you to Sarriai in 5 stages. Astorga is easy to get to by train, and I'm sure you could bus it to Foncebadon.

If you want to try another Camino, the entire Camino Ingles can easily be done in 5 days.

easonm

Nov 5, 2023
California
December 2023

The Gronze website shows starting in Foncebadon will get you to Sarriai in 5 stages. Astorga is easy to get to by train, and I'm sure you could bus it to Foncebadon.

If you want to try another Camino, the entire Camino Ingles can easily be done in 5 days.
Great, thanks! i like the Ingles idea…

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Grousedoctor

Apr 15, 2016
www.caminodailyphoto.com
As @jcat said, if you can add a sixth day to your Camino, the Astorga to Sarria offers a great section of The Way. You get in some good climbing along with some very special spots like Astorga, Foncebadon, Cruz de Ferro, and O Cebreiro. However, if you are limited to no more than 5 days, I, too, would recommend the Ingles. A very good walk with another arrival in Santiago for you. Can’t go wrong either way. Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Im planning a November Frances Camino. I have an Altus rain coat that covers me and pack nicely but I’m wondering do I get a backpack cover and wear a hooded shell light jacket over heavier...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Hi everyone! I'm planning to start on the Camino de Francés, then from Léon I will walk the Camino San Salvador, then the Camino Primitivo and maybe if I have time the Camino de Fisterra. My...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.