• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pilgrim Office in Vézelay

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Jacques-D.,

I envy you your week at Vézelay; may it be poignant and splendid....Godspeed.

Vézelay Abbey and Basilica, is such a grand monument of faith and architecture in the French countryside. In this photo I am entering the light of the ambulatory silently thankful to be there once again after walking from home in December 2008.

Although I intended to continue on towards Santiago my knees did not; the two week walk is described in this blog

For the last 60 years or so I have loved this interior. Romanesque, Gothic, and 19th century intervention form timeless beauty; eternal peace is combined with man-made perfection. ...Might this magnificent site endure for another thousand years.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!