• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

English Language Guide for the Vézelay?

thomryng

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés (x3), Primitivo, Podiensis
Last year I walked from Le Puy to Santiago, and in addition to the invaluable Miam Miam Dodo, I took along the great Cicerone guide to the route by Dave Whitson. This thing was great! It had just the right amount of cultural and historical information for the places along the Way so that I knew what I was looking at. It also provided useful hints and warnings.

Does anyone know of an English language guidebook like this for the Vézelay?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You might like this one. On the far right you'll see The Vézelay route 'Via Lemovicensis', English edition; updated July 8, 2023 (PDF) available for download.

EDIT: For cultural and historical information click on Achtergrondinformatie Pelgrimsweg van Vézelay (PDF) (=background information on Pilgrimsway of Vezelay). But that is exclusively in Dutch. Maybe spend an afternoon translating online?

Last edited:
There is a Miam miam dodo for the Vézelay. Its symbols are universal. But the Dutch pilgrims website is very good indeed. I recall also that they had a guide Paris to Vézelay if you wanted to add a couple of hundred km to your camino, although I can't presently see it in their offering.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
For cultural and historical information click on Achtergrondinformatie Pelgrimsweg van Vézelay (PDF) (=background information on Pilgrimsway of Vezelay). But that is exclusively in Dutch. Maybe spend an afternoon translating online?
Thank you! The Achtergrondinformatie Pelgrimsweg van Vézelay is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Google Translate to the rescue!

As far as translating online goes: I turn to DeepL Translate. I like the results a lot better.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.