• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pilgrim roses

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
An article from a Leon news website about a German doctor's mission to plant rose bushes of a particular variety along the Caminos. "Norman Sinclair, this German pilgrim of Venezuelan descent, son of a Filipino and a Spanish woman" though it sounds like a good Scottish name to me!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My first reaction was a giggle and checking whether the article was published on April the 1st. Then I noticed that the story is older. This article is in English (possibly machine translated) and was published in November 2021. It has photos of Norman Sinclair, a veteran pilgrim from Münsterland (Germany) who is a doctor, although he has been working in his flower shop in Lengerich for several years. Born in Venezuela, he has been living in the German country for 54 years, and between 2010 and 2014 he walked the Camino de Santiago several times, with an accumulated total of almost 5,000 kilometers.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I got an error message on your link, but was on the correct site, so searched and found https://www.davidaustinroses.com/products/the-pilgrim

Very pretty, and I like that it's yellow like the Camino arrows.

Most read last week in this forum