• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pilgrimage of grief

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi all, I’m looking for historical backing for my personal observations of the Camino as a way for people (including me) to wring our our grief. Does anyone know of any historical figures who’ve done the Camino to process grief or stories beyond the personal to support my experience that there is something universally shared about the Camino as a salve for pilgrims’ grief? PM me on forum. (envelope icon on toolbar above) . THANK you! Buen Camino

(NOTE: email address removed and Private Message request inserted)

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Since @falcon269 posted this ten years ago (!!!), I assume the link is broken. But I found a link to the article by going to the icatholic.org website and searching for the camino santiago.

It’s a short article, but it resonated with me. My mother died several years ago in March, but it was not till my June camino that I really was able to focus on, think about, integrate her death because of all the many “distractions” this family describes.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks, Laurie, for finding the article and posting it.

Documentary: Camino Skies (stories from Australia & New Zealand)
Book: The Day Was Made for Walking by Australian Noel Brawn (very inspirational!)

Most read last week in this forum