• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Pilgrim's hostel after arriving De Compostela

Boon

Time of past OR future Camino
"2015"
Hi, I am planning to walk the Camino Frances from SJPP. After arriving Santiago De Compostela, I plan to continue the Camino Portugues towards Porto. Just checking, can I still stay at the pilgrims hostel on the way out from Santiago De Compostela towards Porto or any other towns on the way out. Or are these pilgrims hostels are only for pilgrims heading towards De Compostela. Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

There have been reports in high season of some hospitaleros giving preference to pilgrims walking TO Santiago and that the Pilgrims' Office advices people to be aware of that. However I have never seen this happening and I have met a good number of pilgrims going in reverse on the routes. I also don't think most hospitaleros would necessarily notice!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum