• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pining for Galician cooking in London?

notion900

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
>
In the spirit of positive business-as-usual upon which we pride ourselves in London, I wanted to give a big-up to a local restaurant in my barrio of Londres - run by two lovely ladies - Ana from Galicia and local Teresa: L'Oculto Wine Tapas Shop.

They started out as a tiny import business Flavours of Spain, bringing Galician specialities to their stall on farmers markets. They visit every supplier personally and take pride that everything is produced by artisans and family businesses. Then it grew, and last year they nervously tried a pop up restaurant / tapas bar. It was absolutely a local hit and is now a permanent thing. People in the neighbourhood can't believe their luck.

They even import the pulpo fresh from Galicia and I can confirm that their food is divine. Even their house wine is spectacular! So friendly and cosy too.

NB I am not gaining financially from this recommendation, I just want to see them succeed.

Walking distance from Lewisham station. You'll need a reservation.
Website
Trip Advisor reviews

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sounds brilliant, now that I'm in SE London, I'll have to visit. For anyone in NW London, there's the Centro Gallego which has fantastic food - I really miss going there
http://www.centrogalegodelondres.com

Wow it looks brilliant. Wish it was not so far. If you want to have a glass of wine at Oculto and talk about Camino stuff, send me a PM. When are you setting out?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum