• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Poison Oak/Ivy on the Camino Norte/Primitivo

classicalfan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Norte/Primitivo 2018
Camino Portuguese
Via de la Plata
Hi there!

I will be traveling the Norte/Primitivo mid-May to the end of June and I was wondering if there is poison oak or ivy on the Camino? I have a systemic reaction to it and would like to know if I should be prepared. I read something that said there is no poison oak or ivy in Europe, and I have only seen one mention of it on the forum, and the person didn't seem to be sure of the origin of their malady.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I never encountered nor saw any poison ivy or oak, but watch out for the stinging nettles! They are wicked, growing up to 3 feet tall and "look" harmless. I brushed my legs up against them a couple of times and it is no picnic.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm sure we don't have such plants in Europe. I might see on the route, I'm starting at the end of May from Santander. Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum