• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Porto-Santiago-Finisterre: should I walk in April or May?

Simon_Peregrino

Am planning my first-time-ever Camino via Porto-Santiago-Finisterre spring 2012. There is something compelling about leaving from the US on Easter Day (April 8th) and beginning my walk on Bright Monday. But I do have the option of putting it off for a month until as late as May 8th or so.

Thoughts?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Simon

Technically you should be okay leaving early April but you more than likely to run into more wet weather than in May

IMHO

Neville

Hola Simon...welcome to the Forum and the Class of 2012!

I walked the Caminho Portuguese this Fall, hardly any rain and often very hot.

The April high temp in Porto this year was 78 F/25C and low 46 F/7 C, with little preceipt. The average was H 64 F/17 C and L 50 F / 10 C.

Here is a good site to check current and projected WX:

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.1.08545

I will be departing on April 10th but will walk to Way down to Santiago from Ferrol along the Camino Ingles.

Bom Cominho,

Arn

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum