• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portuguese way on November

BeforeSummer

Time of past OR future Camino
camino portuguese way (November 25, from Porto)
Hi. I am going to walk Portuguese way from Porto on late November this year.
I've heard it is low season and I could barely see or meet other pilgrim walking on the journey.
But I can only have a long vacation by that time and it has been one of my buckitlist to walk Camino.
It's quite sad that I can't meet many other pilgrim since meeting other pilgrim is one of the most special thing that I have expected from camino journey.
But since I got no other choice, do you recommend me to walk coastal way or central way by that time?
Please give me some advice!
I've heard most of the day, it will be rainiy, So the road will be muddy. And some Albergue will be closed.
So wonder which way is better during low season.
Hope you guys share your ideas. It will be very helpful for me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I walked the coastal way last October. I am from the prairies (flat farm land) in Canada, so the ocean views were special to me. It's a little longer than the central route. I had rain one morning for a few hours. It wasn't busy until Redondola, where all 3 Portuguese caminos combine, and from there in, I needed to book accommodation. Lots of hard surface and cobblestone, didn't find too much muddy paths. Also quite a bit of boardwalks in portugal.
Enjoy

Hi. I am going to walk Portuguese way from Porto on late November this year.
I've heard it is low season and I could barely see or meet other pilgrim walking on the journey.
But I can only have a long vacation by that time and it has been one of my buckitlist to walk Camino.
It's quite sad that I can't meet many other pilgrim since meeting other pilgrim is one of the most special thing that I have expected from camino journey.
But since I got no other choice, do you recommend me to walk coastal way or central way by that time?
Please give me some advice!
I've heard most of the day, it will be rainiy, So the road will be muddy. And some Albergue will be closed.
So wonder which way is better during low season.
Hope you guys share your ideas. It will be very helpful for me. Thanks!
At that time of year I’d stay off the coast. You’ll be lucky if it’s not a bit rainy.

It’s my favourite time of year to walk. There will be fewer Peregrinos - but not none - and there will be sufficient accommodation.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am sharing my video for people who are going to walk Camino Portuguese on November and December!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back