• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portuguese way last 100km

Prime

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2023
I’m trying to start this route from Porrino as I don’t have enough days to start from Tui.
Im flying into Santiago so will need to make my way from there to Tui and get a transfer to Porrino or if anyone would have any other ideas I would be most grateful.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Train to Redondela and get a taxi? Bus to Valença (just across bridge from Tui) and get a taxi?

The (in)frequency of public transport - if you’re so tight on time - might mean that you have to just get a taxi.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you're not walking from Tui, you don't really need to go there. Get a train to either Vigo or Redondela and a taxi from there to Porriño.
In case you need to go to Tui, there are buses from Vigo's bus station. The company that operates that route is called Lugove. Or, bus from Santiago to Valença and walk across the bridge into Tui.

If you're not walking from Tui, you don't really need to go there. Get a train to either Vigo or Redondela and a taxi from there to Porriño.
In case you need to go to Tui, there are buses from Vigo's bus station. The company that operates that route is called Lugove. Or, bus from Santiago to Valença and walk across the bridge into Tui.
Hello Mariasp
This is very helpful information.
It is my first time and I am travelling on my own. Thanks you

I saw on the website of Lugove there is a bus from Vigo which stops in O Porriño . Twice a day

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I saw on the website of Lugove there is a bus from Vigo which stops in O Porriño . Twice a day
Thanks so much.
I’m trying to book train ticket to Vigo but each time I put in my date it’s saying nothing available on many website’s.
Could this perhaps be the date is too far away? If you have any idea and thank you for your help

Was there a specific reason why you wanted to start in O Porrino? I guess I must have walked through on my way up to Santiago, but I can't say that I remember much about it. I'm wanting to go back and walk some more in that area and wouldn't want to bypass anywhere that's worth a visit

Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Was there a specific reason why you wanted to start in O Porrino? I guess I must have walked through on my way up to Santiago, but I can't say that I remember much about it. I'm wanting to go back and walk some more in that area and wouldn't want to bypass anywhere that's worth a visit

Buen Camino
It is not a special place . First of all by the first time we have been there, we walked on a 11 km long and bouring industrial estate before entering this place .
A second time we were there we could follow a nice green detour along a river before entering the town .
But stated by the Pilgrims office , O Porriño is the official 100 km point that if you walk from there it qualifies for a Compostela certificate.
And there is easy access if you arrive from Vigo airport and start from o Porriño (e.g. by taxi or by bus from Vigo )
But I should prefer to start in Valença or Tui

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hello everyone, I've been browsing this forum for a while now, and it's been incredibly helpful in planning my Camino journeys (so far, I've done Vézelay, Frances, and Portuguese, and tomorrow I...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back