• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Public holiday 01 May

JWST

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances April/May 2023; Frances May 2024
Hola, wondering how having a public holiday on May Day (Monday 01 May) is likely to impact Albergue availability that night, I expect to arrive Logrono Friday 28 April and stay 2 nights, and then on to Nadjera? , am flexible with timing and don’t really want to book (other than Logrono potentially). Could arrive Logrono later…any thoughts appreciated

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I would expect the weekend leading to the 1st May to be very busy. While it's a shorter weekend than usual (in Spain people tend to take the extra day when the holiday falls on a Tuesday or Thursday), it's still a long weekend. I would guess that places like Logroño will be busier than usual and not necessarily with pilgrims. The fact that it is only a 3 day break might mean that the usual bump up in pilgrims numbers might not be as large.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum