• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Public transport from Santiago to Porto

m_kher

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues May 2023
My husband and me are walking the Camino from Tui to Santiago. We fly into Porto. I found both bus and train options to travel from Porto to Valenca. My question is about coming back. I could not find any public transport to Tui. How do people do the return journey? Or is it simpler to fly out from elsewhere?

Thank you
Manisha

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm confused. Do you want to return to Porto or Tui?
There are several buses every day from Santiago to Porto. I've taken both Alsa and Flixbus and it was a comfortable trip of less than 4 hours.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If you train from SdC to Vigo, you can then transfer trains and travel cross-border to either Valenca or Porto. The train doesn't stop in Tui, but presumably you could just get a taxi from one to the other.

Details of stops:

Keep in mind that the cross-border Spain-Portugal train leaves from the old, small station downtown, a short cab ride from the station where all the domestic Spanish Renfe trains come in.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hola

rome2rio.com

will find you most of the transfer options.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

I took an ALSA bus from Santiago to Porto in November, about a three hour ride. Three stops before reaching Porto bus station. The last before that was Porto airport.

Take the bus.

Jim

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum