• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Question about the last stage -- Villalon to Sahagun

peregrina2000

Staff member
As my pre-camino time is dwindling, my thoughts turn more and more to all things Camino.

I've got my CSJ guides to the Camino de Madrid and the Invierno and I really appreciate all the work and attention that went into those.

But I do have one nagging question about the stage between Villalon to Sahagun. Is that a do-able one-day stage for someone who likes to walk a daily average in the high 20s? I can do an occasional 35-er, but I have seen a range of kilometers for that stage from between 20-40. Google maps show 34 on the highway, so I'm guessing that the camino won't be shorter -- but how much longer? Since there is virtually no elevation gain, I'm assuming I can go a bit further than usual, but elevation gain doesn't throw me off my stride too much, so I'm a little unsure about this long flat stage.

Any recent experiences would be most appreciated. Thanks, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-