• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Quiet Week in Sao Pedro de Rates

ParistoCapeCod

"Come on mom this 14k isn't going to walk itself."
Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese, Primitivo, Norte. Hospitalera
Hello from San Pedro de Rates, for many the first "real" night out of Porto. I'm in my second week as hospitalera with Diane from Houston. It's very soggy, and expected to be all week. Last night we had 6 guests, tonight 4. Last week we averaged 30 a night. When you walk absolutely affects your camino experience (I have walked spring, summer and fall.) We spent Saturday in Fatima and yesterday in Coimbra, both uncrowded. We hope you will come say Ola soon.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for your service. I was there earlier this year. The hospitaleros were very welcoming. I enjoyed the Queimada outside in the courtyard.

It’s a wonderful spot run entirely by volunteers.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@ParistoCapeCod is the queimada a tradition at the albergue, or do you think it was happenstance put on by the hospitaleros?

Interesting news. We were in Alpriate (first night out of Lisbon) the first part of September and were full all but one night. Most nights we had to call ahead and send pilgrim by taxi. We also stamped credential of pilgrims just passing through. Sounds like things have slowed.

Well if you are still there early December my partner and I will surely say "good day"

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi - David from California here. I enjoyed your Portuguese soup 2 weeks ago along with the missionary kids and Nils, the noisiest sleeper any of us ever came across! The joys of the Caminho! You and Diane were great hosts, thank you.

Most read last week in this forum