• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Rain gear ??

Teresa TB

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese way
I am heading to Porto from Ireland tomorrow walking the coastal way all the way to Finnesterre .. so excited all packed BUT do I need to put in my rain poncho or will I leave it at home really don't want to carry anything unnecessary .. anyy weather advice if any advice really would be super helpful ..

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Google "el tiempo oporto" and see what the weather report looks like. You also check for other places you will be in as you walk on.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Forecast for the next ten days:
Porto
Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed
32 31 21 22 26 28 26 27 30 31

SdC
Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed
32 31 22 23 24 24 22 23 26 27

Sunny every day except Wednesday and Thursday when there could be a whole 1mm of rain.

I'd still take the poncho

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Well that was disappointing - I typed spaces between the temperature but you'll get the drift!

The late Rev. Philip J. Wren, of CSJ and Camino fame, frequently and famously quipped: "The rain in Spain, falls mainly on ... GALICIA!"

There IS a reason why Galicia looks a lot like parts of Ireland...lots of "soft days..."

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've had "soft" days in Ireland where it felt like the raindrops were trying to pierce your skull!

On second thoughts, carry the poncho AND an umbrella!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum